Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Friday, April 23, 2010

Bummed!!!


 
After several days of spotty internet availability in Addis Ababa with no word on our outcome, we were informed that we did not pass yesterday evening.  (heart sinks to the bottom of stomach)

I'd prepared myself for this possibility, but it still sucks!  We have been rescheduled for May 4th. Yeah! - that's only 13 days away.  Boo!! - that is 13 days away.  I'm ready to go get my boy :)   

Anyways, we wait and pray for a "pass" on the 4th!
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm SO sorry. We did not pass court the first time either. I know how tough this is. But, we had to wait a whole month for another court date, so 13 days will go fast!

    His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Just think of it this way...you have some more time to pray for your sweet little guy.

    ((hugs))

    Missed you today at the airport...can't wait to welcome you guys home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to hear this, Vanessa. I am praying for you. I will be praying for the 4th for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe man... i'm sorry. i hate this :( praying for a PASS on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoot! That does stink. Praying for you to pass on the 4th.
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry...praying hard for the 4th, kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying you pass! (On your next apt) or that by some miracle they revisit your paperwork and it's complete and AGCI gets notification that you've passed!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck. I just found your blog but you can add me to the list of people that will be praying for you!!! My husband and I just started our Ethiopian adoption journey, and I am trying to prepare my heart for pitfalls like this that come along the way. I am so sorry for the disappointment. But we're praying for a pass for you on the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vanessa. I have tried twice to email you pictures and both have come back as undeliverable. I have no idea why? Contact me if you would like and we will see how I can get them to you. Sorry.
    (270) 217-3876.

    ReplyDelete