Tuesday, April 20, 2010
It's 5 am tomorrow in Addis Ababa...
It's 5 a.m. tomorrow in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It's our court date. My heart is so overwhelmed with emotion. I've thought about little man's dad all day. I've never been to a 3rd world country before, so I can only imagine what the day will be like for him. Is he getting up right now in anticipation of court? Or has he already been on the road for several hours? Did he get something to eat? Is he able to take a bus or does he have to walk for some distance to catch a bus? What is he thinking as he makes it into the court room and speaks to the judge? What does he think when Almaz hands him our letter and our photo album of pictures of us with little man's new house? Does he approve of little man's room? Is he a Christian? If not, does he wonder who this Jesus is that we refer to in our letter? Will he have the opportunity to go and say goodbye to little man? Will we get pictures of that encounter? What does his dad look like? (I know he has to be a handsome man, because our little man is so darn stinkin' adorable.) What will little man think when he sees his dad again? Will he think he is going home or will he somehow understand what is going on? Will his dad go home and praise God that his son has another mom and dad who will love him and give him opportunities in America. And by another mom and dad, I don't mean replacement, but addition to :)
Will I get the answers to these questions? Some of them - maybe, but others will remain a question forever. My heart goes out to little man's dad. His dad will forever be part of our family, and we will always love him. We praise God for him and his strength.
So sometime tonight, halfway around the world, a judge will decide if little man officially becomes our son. It's amazing, but I have peace about the entire situation. God called us on this journey and he has been with us every step of the way. Of course, I know that it sometimes takes several court appointments for all of the paperwork to be together, and I know that we may not know the outcome for several days, but I'm praying that we get a "YES" tonight and that we find out tomorrow. :)
Dear LORD,
I just lift this entire situation up to you. I pray for little man, I pray for his dad, I pray for all of those parties involve. I pray for little man's dad to have peace and to feel your pressence and strength. I pray for little man's wholeness. I pray that the folks at the orphange are able to capture those moments between you and your dad. I pray that everything is there at court, and that we get a "yes". Dear LORD, I praise you for little man, and I praise you for this journey. Thank you for chosing us. Help us to be worthy! In your precious, Holy name. Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ohhhh, im praying....I'm so nervous!! :) I feel like i'm going through court all over again...i'll be praying all night :) let me know asap what you hear, kj
ReplyDeleteAmen. So beautifully written. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt emotions on this special evening! Praying tonight here in East TN for the events of this very important day in the life of your family! I'll be anxiously checking in to see how God continues to work and bless your family!
ReplyDeleteYou made me cry!!! Lifting you up to the Lord here...
ReplyDeleteI am now crying at work, but still able to pray all through the night for you and little man and his dad. I think God had me work tonight for this very purpose!!
ReplyDeletei cannot wait for you to get the news!
ReplyDeletewow! so exciting! your family will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. I hope you get the news you are praying for today. Lifting you up!
ReplyDeletepraying praying praying!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAny news????
ReplyDelete