Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Picture of God's Grace

  
"...For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am farfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be..."   Psalm 139: 13-16

I love infant baptism.  I believe that there's no better picture of God's grace.  Even though they know nothing about God, God already loves them and calls out to them by name.  Of course, it is up to them as when and how they answer.  As parents, our responsibility is to help them remember "who they belong to" and to respond to God's invitation.  The invitation that existed even before they were born.

On Saturday, we celebrated BB's "Remember Your Baptism".  She was so excited about the day.  She couldn't wait to help out with all the preparations.  She wanted to help with the cake, get the table just right, and determine the seating arrangements.

She has always been excited about "her" day, but she seems to be really thinking about it and asking questions.  She was very proud that the family came over to celebrate with her.


thank goodness for a tripod and an automatic timer
 

 
...poor Dad ...still eating...

 
anxiously awaiting the okay to open presents


Granny and Great Aunt Chris gave her $3 a piece.  When I asked her what she wanted to do with her money, she said that she wanted to buy some donuts.  What??? None to church, etc.???  Just when you think she's "getting" it...but...then on Monday, she surprises you and wants to buy some "stuff" for the children in Haiti.  So, we head to the Dollar Tree and she picked out hand santitizer, baby wipes and toothpaste.  It's a proud Mommy moment!!



Dear SnuggleBug, I hope you know that there could never be a more beautiful you, and you were made to fill a purpose that only you could do!

Dear God, Thank you so much for Snugglebug.  She is such a blessing.  Dear Lord, I pray that she always knows that she is a precious child of God, and that there is a calling on her life.  I pray that she knows and fulfills her calling with passion.  I also pray that her relationship with you grows as she grows.  In your holy and precious name.  Amen!
  

3 comments:

  1. Precious...I so wish I could remember to do this for all 5 of mine...such a great idea, kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Such a great idea.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I just love this idea. You are a good momma. =)

    ReplyDelete