The day started off great. We head over to Uncle M and Aunt K's house for brunch and presents before church.
At any given time, one of the girls, if not both, can be found hanging off of Uncle M.
Cousin I sporting his new orphan shirt.
It's a musical kinda Christmas. AB excited over her new flute (recorder) and lap harp.
BB wants to start painting right away.
AB is thrilled with all her new "smooth" rocks.
Of course, the hit of the night was...
Gobbie got this wonderful teacher gift and was so gracious to share. I wish my picture did it justice. The scale is a little off. Just to give you an idea...it serves 17. It was pure heaven!!!!
But no get together would be complete without a little wrestling...
Unfortunately, when it was time to go to church, AB had an upset stomach. So, we went home. The girls all stayed behind, while "Dad" went to church and helped with parking. It was memorable as I am cleaning vomit off of my pants while holding AB's hair while she continues to vomit for the 3rd time and hear Lil' Sis in the background yelling that she needs my help because she has spilled paint all over the kitchen floor and her pants. (Yes, that lovely paint set that she had just gotten.) Luckily everything is washable, and I could just laugh at the situation.
Even though the evening didn't go as planned, it actually turned out to be just perfect.
After I got everything cleaned up, SB got home and took the little one, so I could focus on AB. She was feeling better, and we went and just laid in her bed. It was totally peaceful. We just laid on her bed, and I told her all about the night Our Saviour was born. She was like a sponge absorbing the story and talking about what it might have been like to see all of the angels out in the field. Do you think the angels were all in white? Or do you think they had on all different colors? It was an "awe" moment. Throughout Advent, we were doing a family devotional, which was great! But, I think it was the first time that I really stopped and was totally in the moment. And, she was right there with me.
As I tucked her in for the night and prayed that she would be better for Christmas day, she reminded me to tell Lil Sis to leave out some cookies and milk for Santa and some cherrios for the reindeer. And, to tell Jack Pete, our elf, goodbye and to tell him that she is sick. That's my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment