Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Waiting

 
Wait - to stay, to serve, or attend to, to patiently anticipate

I will not get caught up in the numbers!  I am just going to enjoy the process!  I'm going to sit back and just enjoy God's plan!  It's all in his perfect timing!

Well, we got our monthly call on Wednesday evening...#15.  What? We only moved up 2 measly spots in 4 weeks.  We had #10 or #11 in our heads, so #15 was unimpressive to say the least.  I mean it could be months before we get a referral.  We'd been told earlier that we could get a referral in possibly 2 months due to our age perimeters.  We were a little disappointed.  And, I found myself letting the devil into this process by worrying...why is it taking longer, why is the new administration needing more time between court and travel, could the process shut down before we get our son...  I mean, I have a child over there.  I am a mom of three. 
 
Now, I've had a few days to gain perspective...#15 is good...very good!  And, I rejoice in #15!  That is 2 spots closer to "The Referral".  I refuse to let the devil into this process by worrying.  I know that everything is in God's perfect timing.  So, I start this week off enjoying God's plan and waiting...
  
waiting - to stay right where I am until God's calls me elsewhere...
waiting - to serve right where I am....
waiting - to attend to my children and my husband that are right here with me right now...
waiting - to patiently anticipate "The Referral"...
  
And, I can joyfully wait, because I know..."that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28
 

8 comments:

  1. Amen! Although it is hard...it will lead to your your new child. Never makes it easy, but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your feelings. It is hard to wait for God's timing. Remember that God never shows up late. He never is even a day late.

    We haven't even gotten our waiting list number and it seems like we will be well over number 30 on the wait list for boys. =( Sure seems like there are a TON of families and the process is slowing a bit.

    Let's keep praying for God's timing and His will.

    ((hugs)) my friend.

    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonners,
    I just found your blog from the Reed adoption blog. I am now praying with and for you to receive God's planned referral in the fullness of His timing.
    Love and hugs and prayers,
    Debi
    Beaverton, OR

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see you and your family again yesterday. I really enjoyed talking with you and learning more about your journey. Your family and your sweet boy are now on our prayer list :)

    Do you mind if I add your blog to my adoption blog list? Just let me know.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny..you crack me...Yes, movement at all is good...BUT trust me..I remember those feelings well :) It won't be long..i just know it :) kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got back from lunch with my daughter at her school and figured out a very cool connection. One of my daughter's friends mom was talking about her brother and SIL adopting from Ethiopia with AGCI and that their best friends are #15 on the boys list. I said is it the Bonner's? She said, I think so. How cool is that...her brother and SIL are M & M. I love all the connections God is weaving. Just had to share that with you.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful how God is completely moving in the waiting--- making preparations in our hearts and our children's that we can't see! Such a precious time! Love your perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete