the family
AB, cousin I and BB
Today family came over for lunch to help us remember AB's baptism. Since she was baptized when she was 6 months old, this is a good way to help her remember that day until she accepts Jesus as her Savior. It also helps us remember our committment to her on her faith journey. It is her special day, and she LOVES it! We pull out the baptism video, and she watches it, and we talk about it.
If she knows this, doesn't everything else fall into place...
Grandma & Grandpa (aka Gobbie & Papa) got her this to hang in her room. She purchased this from my friend Betsy's booth the other day where the proceeds went toward adoption expenses. Later, AB told Dad this fact. She was proud that her gift was helping bring little brother home. Gobbie also wrote her a song about being a child of God. AB went over to her house after the party to hear Gobbie play it for her on her harp. AB was mesmorized.
Along with some other gifts, she also got a new big girl Bible. I spent several hours at the bookstore picking out just the right one for her. It was worth it. She was so proud of her very own Bible complete with her name imprinted on it. After everyone left, I showed her all the features. She wanted me to tell her a book of the Bible, and then she would guess if it was Old or New Testament. (We'll have to work on this, but I was just so thrilled that she wanted to know.) She was also excited about the "Treasures" sprinkled throughout. They were memorization verses. She wanted me to pick one, and she was going to try to memorize it. How cool is that!
Yes, the Bible even comes in purple.
This is how I found her when I went in her room to get one last peek. Yes, that is her new Bible beside her, and I couldn't resist getting a picture. I wonder...What plans does God have for your life?
Dear God, I pray for AB. I pray that she always knows that she is a precious child of God, and that you have chosen her and that she has a calling on her life. I pray that she know and fulfills her calling with passion and has a heart to love you above anything or anyone else. I pray that her relationship with you grows as she grows. In your Holy, Precious Name I pray. Amen!


Love that post! Very true...if she knows she is a child of God- that is all that really matters :) Amen to that!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to celebrate her baptism! We may have to steal this idea.
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so beautiful! I can't wait to see their little brother. They are sure to be amazing big sisters.
oh how precious! What a wonderful day -- she's lovely!
ReplyDeleteOh, this sweet post made me cry.
ReplyDeleteMay the glory of the Lord fill AB and flow from her all the days of her life.
Blessings, Gillian Tucker
What a sweet post. These are the things in life worth celebrating.
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely cool reason for a celebration!! May precious AB continue to grow day by day in the LORD and know the greatness of His love and plans for her.
ReplyDelete