November is Adoption Awareness month and with 148ish million orphans in the world, we need to open our eyes to the needs of the least of these. There was an interesting statistic on an email I received the other day, it stated:
If only 7% of the 2 billion Christians in the world would show hope to a single orphan, looking after the child in their distress, there would effectively be no more orphans.
Only 7%? Could that be right? While I don't beleive everyone is called to adopt, I do believe that everyone is called to do something. What that something is...that is between You and God. You are the hands and feet of Jesus, not the government, not the person down the street, but You.
Here are a few ways to get started...
- prayer - prayer for the children, their situations, birth families, adoptive families
- adoption
- sponsorship
- mission trips (volunteering)
- financial support
- etc.
thank you so much for posting this!! My husband and I are in the beginning of the process to adopt our son from Ethiopia - we've been approved and now begins the fun part (homestudy, dossier, waiting..) Our eyes were opened and we could not ignore it!
ReplyDelete