Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One Blessing After Another

 
From the fullness of his grace, we have all received one blessing after another.........John 1:16

I must say that I feel so blessed and humbled by all the support of our friends!  Today, my daughter's school had a "shopapalooza".  Basically vendors rent a table at our church to sell their products for a day.  The table fee goes straight to my daughter's school, and the vendors get to keep all of their money. 

Well, my great friend, Betsy offered to donate all of her proceeds from her table to charity (some goes to a family shelter in which our Sunday School class is trying to sponsor a family & the other goes towards our adoption.)  This is not her full-time job.  This is something that she did in addition to everything she already has on her plate with 2 kiddos and work.  (She's an ICU nurse.)  I am totally blown away by her support.  I mean, she could have totally used her profits and skipped a nursing shift or paid for Christmas.  She is such a beautiful person outside and inside.  She is such a blessing!
 
I also had many friends who stopped by Betsy's table to purchase something to help us on our journey. It was a wonderful day!
 



Betsy and me
    
I also have to mention my great friend Holly.  Not only has she been so supportive with her words, but she also had a house show last month, in which she asked all of the vendors to donate some of their proceeds to our adoption.  I was totally blown away.  I never asked her to do this...she just did it and handed me a check.  That is soooo the person she is.  She never does anything half way.  She sees a need, and she just goes for it!  Everyone needs a Holly in their life!  I'm so blessed to have her as my friend!!!  (side note: She is also one of the best cooks I know.  I have the joy of carpooling with her, so I often time get to be her test taster!  It's a perk!)
   

Me and Holly
 
The 147 Million Orphans were also at the shopapalooza.  They use their products to raise awareness of the world orphan crisis and to support Amazima Ministries (Uganda orphans & poor).  They are such an inspiration and a blessing!  I love their shirts!  Not only do they send a message and go towards feeding a child, but they also look good. Check out their website at 147millionorphans.com.


Me and Gwen

Gwen is one of the founders.  She is an inspiration to all those around her.  You can't help but to feel empowered when you are around her. 
 

...one blessing after another...
  

4 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing Blessings!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! Excited with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that !!! Love how God works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even realize you were wearing that shirt! I bought the same one for Rodney to give me for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete