Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Saturday, March 12, 2011

God Bless America & Children Around the World

   
The kiddos have all had their school programs and have done fabulous.  I LOVE going to watch them!!!  I am so proud of them!
 
God Bless America
 
A's school did a patroitic 2nd grade music program.  It was refreshing to see the ol' red, white and blue being celebrated. 
  
".....different...different..., but we are all American - American through and through."  (I can't remember all of "A" lines.)


Children Around the World
Next, "B" and "G" had their spring program.  The theme this year was Children Around the World.  They rotate themes every 4 years, so it was fun watching and remembering when "A" first participated as a Spainish Dancer.  They did add a finale this year, and it was AWESOME!

King of the Jungle

First up was "G".  I had no idea how he would do in the program, but I was not nervous at all.  If he participated, then great.  If he froze, then I would be right there to get him, and it would be no big deal.  He did great!!  I was so proud of him, and he was so proud.  He had spotted us as he was walking in; "B" was sitting with her group really close; and he could see "A" sitting in the front with all the kiddos, so I think all of that really comforted him.

He was a little unsure as he walked up front for his turn - but smiling the whole time.  Luckily, we were in the front, so we were right there to give him the thumbs up and encourage him.

By the end, he was KING OF THE JUNGLE!!
It's been fun to see him yelling this periodically around the house.

Can Can Dancers

Their little costumes and routine were too cute.  "B" was super excited to show us her routine.  (The boys in her class did a separate routine.)




The Finale

Given the fact that our family has been blessed by international adoption and given the current situation for orphaned Ethiopia children, I "see/feel" children around the world much differently than I did just a couple of short years ago.  It was really hard not to get emotional during the finale. 

"B" class came back out together and walked around with their letters to "We Are The World". 

Then, they lined up to spell...


Then, the children started singing "Let There be Peace" on earth and let it begin with me.

With God as our Father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
in perfect harmony.


Then, everyone sang "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". 

I have to say it was the BEST preschool show!!!  The staff, teachers and children did an outstanding job!!


1 comment:

  1. it was too cute..i loved that our boys could do it TOGETHER!! so fun, kj

    ReplyDelete