Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"G drive makina"

 
One of "G" favorite activities is to drive the makinas (cars).  This boy LOVES cars, and thanks to Nanny, we have several garage sale makinas.  We can literally spend several hours outside playing with them - doesn't matter if we are driving them or washing them.  If we are inside, and he wants to go outside, he will just point outside to the garage and say "G drive makina".


We've made this scoop his, but what he really loves to drive is....


Yes - pink and with baby in tow.  He actually loves this baby.  I see glimpses of the Ethiopian culture in his interactions with this baby.  In Ethiopia, they touch a baby's cheek as a sign of affection.  When we were there, over half of the men that passed us would stop and stroke "G" cheek and then kiss his hand.  He will carry this baby around and just softly stroke it's cheek and kiss it's hand.  It is so precious!  (Of course, until "B" sees him and wants her special B-day doll back.)

He has almost gotten the hang of it, but I still have to run along side to make sure he doesn't crash into the side of the van or go out into the road.  I'm getting quite the little workout and wishing we had a longer driveway or a flat yard.
  



Now..."G" driving the Barbie jeep with the baby is only reserved for when the girls are at school.  When they are home, it is more like...


He has to take the passenger seat and let Big Sis drive him around.  I believe this is some of the first times that I have seen "B" driving.  She is usually the passenger when "A" is around.
 
It is really interesting to watch the progression of the Big Sis.
 

10 comments:

  1. It's so good to see that you're home! Little G. is just precious! I hope that your transition at home is going smoothly! Congratulations - wasn't it SO worth the wait?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!
    Can't wait to see you all again.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. G looks SO happy behind the wheel of a makina! Thinking of you and your family today, Scott and Vanessa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love seeing little boys with dolls - a natural parenting magazine I received for a while would sometimes feature reader pics of little guys wearing their "babies" in slings. Something about seeing that empathetic and nurturing side gets me every time! For sure, every little guy should have at least one doll in his toy collection! My husband had a jointed doll which would sit beside him when he watched TV as a youngster. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious Vanessa! I cannot wait to meet him! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. see...now you know why we want a flat yard...things change with boys :) he's too cute, kj

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE! Jonathan LOVES carrying around dolls- and calls them all Joanna :) he he he - awww- what great daddy's they will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! When you guys get ready for playdates with other boys, let us know...Clinton always loves new friends. And he's all about his Jeep, too. :-) We could have a PowerWheels play date.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to tell you that when we were in the car the other day, Derbe was singing (he's always singing) G's name over and over. He'd randomly insert "eat the biruktakana!". Which is his word for orange. Thought that was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete