Wednesday, July 21, 2010
That's Not Fair!!
We've just left the park where the girls have played with their friends for several hours. We're headed to a birthday party. Upon arrival, one jumps out and the other states. That's not fair! How come she get's to play with her friends and I don't! What?!? Immediately, I'm frustrated, and I want to go into my spill. All parents know "the spill" - the gratitude, thankful, less fortunate spill.
Within a week, we have gone from...tickets booked, joyful, excited, every spare moment filled with reading up on attachment, dreaming about our initial meeting with "G"...to...disappoinment and waiting yet again. We've been put "on hold" and had to cancel our tickets. And, we have no idea why and when we will get clearance to travel.
After I catch my breath and pick myself up, I feel like I'm 5 years old, and I want to yell at God and say "That's Not Fair!" and stomp away. I mean we already had 4 court appointments, we're suppose to have everything fall into place like we want now. Little man is suppose to be home now. Then, I'm gently reminded that being blessed isn't about getting what you want, when you want, but it is about knowing that God is with you. He goes before us; He is beside us; and He is behind us. He will never leave us or forsake us. Praise God!!
During this difficult time, we have had a whole army of folks praying for us. It is very humbling, and I have been reminded that God loves little man even more than I do. (I needed that perspective.) I just have to share one of our emails. It is from my friend Karen, and I find it very insightful and comforting.
I'm so sorry to hear the news (or lack thereof). I am reminded of Mary and Martha...when they went to find their friend, Jesus, to help because Lazarus lay dying at their home, Jesus said he'd be "right there". I cannot imagine the sadness and disappointment they felt as they watched Lazarus die, wondering why the Great Physician did not come to them in time to save him. That must have been a long 2 days. But what joy and amazing miracle they were to behold when Jesus did arrive, raising their brother from the dead!
When things are hard for me, and I'm finding it hard to understand the 'why' or wait...I just tell myself that I must be "in the 2 days" and find immense peace at what is to come at the end of however long my 2 days might be.
Maybe this will bring you some renewed hope as well. You are in the 2 days, my friend! Amazing things are coming!!!
Now, I can't begin to comprehend God's timing. There's so much I don't understand. I can't fathom how massive the universe is or how you split an atom, so how in the world would I be able to comprehend God's timing. The God that created the heavens and the earth. It is too big for my little mind. So, I'm left with God's promise...
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purposes.
And that is sufficient!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful words from your friend. I am so sad for you and your family. I wanted so badly to travel with you all and to return home with your family. It feels so wrong to leave without you all. I am praying for you. I know it is in no way the same, but I will love on G for you.
ReplyDeletePraying it won't be long until you are wrapping your arms around him. Email me anytime we are there. Hopefully we will have a good internet connection and I will send you messages about your little guy.
Love and hugs,
Amy
You are such an encouragement to me, Vanessa. Thank you for trusting, waiting, and growing during this hard time. I can't wait to see you with your son and to see God's perfect timing in action!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for what you guys are going through. It isn't fair and I struggle with understanding God's timing too. There is a plan in all of this. I am praying for you and hoping that maybe you guys can join us for that August 9th Embassy appointment.
ReplyDeletethe situation is crappy but your response is beautiful
ReplyDeleteVanessa, This post pierces my heart with its beauty. BLESSINGS, precious friend. I am one of those waiting on the wall--praying you all through--loving you. Have you heard the expression "double for your trouble"? :) This is one of my prayers for you!! Much Love, Gillian
ReplyDeleteVanessa, I was SO sad to read that you've been delayed - again! I feel like your family has done more than its share of waiting. I am so sorry. I know that we can't see the big picture now, but I'll be praying for His peace as you wait and walk with your eyes of faith. I'm so sorry for this latest disappointment.
ReplyDeleteRemember that first pregnancy? And how you just could not wait for that baby to get here? And then once they were here, and weren't sleeping, and you were so exhausted your eye balls hurt--you were wondering....why didn't I rest more before?
ReplyDeleteWell, as the mother of a very active 3 year old boy, my advice would be...take this very difficult time of waiting, and let it be a time of resting...you will have your hands full very soon! :-)
Prayers for you...I know you're anxious!
OH how hard and frustrating. Sounds like you are waiting with such grace and confidence in Him! I get it, as we started our adoption process 2 years ago and have been staring at our beautiful little girl's pictures for 1 year (in Aug.). The last step that was suppose to take 2 weeks took 2 months. AND...God has been faithful to carry us through each waiting step and I know our little girl has been well taken care of at the orphanage and by her Daddy God. I pray your wait will end soon too! We are leaving on Wed. to India! Finally...
ReplyDeleteJenny
www.needhamfamily5.blogspot.com
OH my goodness!!! I was so shocked and sad to see your news! Sending an e-mail your way.
ReplyDeleteI know for me, the pain I felt came from wondering how Derbe, being old enough to be aware of the situation, felt watching people come and go with kids/babies. I think of and pray for G so much...that somehow he really, really knows he's loved...that he truly feels God's presence in his wait to come home.
ReplyDelete