Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Father's Day Weekend - Lake

For the past couple of years, we have spent Father's Day weekend at the lake with 2 other families.  (It's the only weekend that works for everyone.)  When we started planning this months ago, we weren't sure if we would be able to make it this year.  We were hoping we would be cocooning, but not yet!

The weather was perfect and the water was GREAT!!  I'm usually the big wimp when it comes to the water.  Not because I don't like the water, but because I don't like to be cold.  Well, the water temperature was perfect!  The kiddos had a great time, and the adults got to stay up late and have a conversation, which was very nice :)

On Saturday morning, the kiddos got up and were ready to go.
Here they are all giving me funny faces.

We stop to fuel up and to feed the ducks with our leftover breakfast.
  
Then, it's raft time.
Adley and A riding the raft.  They love to stand up and give us thumbs up.  B loves the raft too, but she is pretty much done after one good ride.  A, on the other hand, could stay on it for hours.
  
Our hosts had a new toy this year for us to try out...the knee board.  After a little desert bribe, I easily got A to give it a try.  She was up and going on her first try.  I was very impressed!  Of course, after my 6 year old did it, S and I had to give it a try.  Let's just say that one of us got up on the first try and that it took the other one FOUR tries.  Not that anyone was counting :)

B wasn't up for trying the knee board.  She just hung out and enjoyed the ride.

Happy Father's Day!! 
Or as A and B would say..."My Dad Rocks!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment