I knew the adoption process was out of my control, but I didn't know it until I was in it. To be in the process, you have to rest in God. You have to rest in God. You have to rest in God. I don't think I have ever prayed this much or been so in tune to hearing God's voice. I seek his wisdom and peace on a daily basis. It's a hard wonderful place to be. It's fun and frustrating. Why? Because it is all out of my control, and I like control. I want to know who my son is going to be. I want to know what he looks like - how old is he - does he like to snuggle - does he have a full belly - what is his situation - why is he at an orphange - does he have brothers and sisters - when will we travel - will he like me - what will court be like, how will our new family mesh together, etc. And, all I know is that God has a plan. And, I have to rest in that plan and try to discern my part.
Today, we found out that we will now have to make two trips to Ethiopia. Previously, you only traveled once, which was after the courts approved the adoption, and you were picking up your child. Now, you have to travel to officially accept the referral before it can go to court. Then, you travel again once you pass court to pick up you child. It is hard news. It will be gut-wrenching to say hello and good-bye all in the same week. And, chances are, for us, our son (due to age) will have just warmed up to us. So, where am I in all of this...resting in God Word..
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
I am with you friend. This is so hard, yet so amazing to feel so close to God's will. I am praying with you that this will all be used to bring HIM glory.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Amy
wow..yes, for the older children..that will be SO tough....We'll have to keep ya VERY BUSY those few weeks you are awaiting AGAIN to travel..I can't believe you get to go twice..i'm kind of jealous, kj
ReplyDeleteSo very tough, but know that we are all praying!!!!! God is doing great things, and we have to hang in there, pound the knees and keep praying- praying for all of the orphans to have homes!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAYING for everyone else who will be going through this with you too!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is SO tough to hear. Your testimony here is tender, strong, and true at once. May more of God's glory and rescue come to His orphans because of this situation. I wonder how many people will bring home powerful reports and love for additional waiting in the orphanages they visit to meet their child and end up bringing them into homes as well?
ReplyDeleteAdoptive moms unite!! Lets make sure to keep these ladies occupied, comforted, and very lifted up in the wait times between trips!!
Love to you,
Gillian
P.S. I have been meaning to write to you forever, THANK YOU for the clothing for M. and M.
that was SUCH a sweet blessing to our family--they loved what you picked out.
Oh my sweet niece you just don't know how much you touched my heart when I read this, I always knew you was a very special person and your life was going to be filled with blessing, oh Vanessa you keep up your faith, God in your corner all the way..Please let me know when we can welcome my new little nephew home to spend rest his life with a great family as "The Bonner Family" that he will, love,live, laugh...proud of you sis...Tell the girls it won't be long and little brother be here I know they are thrilled. May God be with you and your family on this wonderful journey.
ReplyDeletePraying for you. Your words of resting in God's Word were wise and fell upon my ears at just the right time, thank you.
ReplyDelete