Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Monday, February 8, 2010

Father/Daughter Dance & SHOTS!

 
Father/Daughter Dance 
   
On Friday, our church had their annual Father/Daughter Dance with a Valentine's theme.  This is AB's 3rd time to go.  She was just as excited about going this year as previous years, so the magic hasn't worn off.   At the last minute, AB decided she wanted her hair curled for the big date.  Now, AB has super super straight hair - beautiful hair, but did I say that it was super straight and getting super long, and it was raining.  Even though I knew it wouldn't last more than a picture, like any good mom, I got out my curling irons and got to work.  It was so cute watching her tell Daddy that he couldn't see her until she was all ready, and little sis making sure that he didn't come into the bathroom.  She had to make an entrance and be just right for her Daddy.  It was so sweet!!!!!
   
While they were off for dinner and dancing, BB and I enjoyed some time together.  She decided that we would get in our pjs, eat popcorn (for dinner), watch a movie and snuggle.  We had a nice time.  Of course, BB had to wait up for Big Sis to get home.  She wanted to hear all about the dance, and AB had promised to bring her home a cookie :)  Of course, they didn't get home till after 9!  AB came in just beaming and talking about doing the limbo and the chicken dance.  Last year, she was introduced to "Taylor Swift" at the dance.  Everytime she heard "Love Story" on the radio, she would say that it was her and Daddy's song.  Now - nothing is more precious than that!!!

Her husband will have some BIG shoes to fill!!  Her Daddy hung the moon!!!!
     
     
SHOTS!!!
 
Today, it was shot day.  It is funny, but we were looking forward to it.  Another item standing between us and little man marked off the list!!  It feels good to get it behind us.  The vaccines we decided on were: Hep A, Meningococcal, Polio, Tetanus/Dip/Pertussis, and we got perscriptions for Malaria, Typhoid, diarrhea meds, and vomiting/nausea meds.

After calling 8 places, the most economical place was The Global Outreach Clinic.  It is a group of doctors and nurses who volunteer their time once a month to offer travel shots.

Well, I thought the process would take about 30 minutes - why?  I don't know.  Well, we were there for over 1 1/2 hours.  We brought the girls with us, because #1 I thought it would be quick, and #2 I really want them to be as much of the process as possible.  They were great!  When it was finally our turn for the actual shot, BB was my helper and held my hand while I received my shots.  AB was SB's nurse's aid and helped with the bandaids after the shots.  I'm glad they were there!

We're ready for our "CALL" now!!!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. The dance picture is precious! I always say the same thing about my girls' husbands...they are going to have a hard time finding someone to measure up to their daddy.

    Love the shot picture. Can't wait to be so close that we need to get ours. So excited for you.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete