After church, we head home to change. Aunt K made these beautiful dresses for AB and BB for their birthday, and we don't want anything to mess them up. I keep all of their special outfits in hopes that their children will wear them one day.
Next, we head to the park for a picnic, creek play and bike ride.
The girls are checking out the water for minnows and shells. They also want to be sure that there aren't any crabs. Since we went to the beach, they are a little skiddish of crabs. (We made the mistake of going crabbing barefooted.) They collected several treasures. We ALWAYS have treasures!
Then it's off to the bike trails. AB heads off with her Daddy, and I hang back with BB. AB just learned to ride without training wheels a couple of months ago, and since then all she wants to do is ride her bike. She and her dad rode/jogged for 4 miles. I think she could have easily rode for 4+ more, but BB wasn't up for that. She did ride for about 2 miles. I was very impressed! AB is on a mission to go go go, but BB really soaks up the ride. My favorite BB question while riding was, "Mom, are there any crocodiles in there?"
I'm really surprised I didn't flip over my handle bars at some point during the trip. I follow behind her or beside of her, and she is known to stop suddenly. Next year, we will have to get a little bike carrier to attach to my bike. I think little boy Bonner will be a biker :)
After our family time, Grandma B, aka Gobbie, came over to watch the girls so we could go out to eat with some friends. It was an adult only dinner. We rarely get to go out with just adults. We love our kiddos, but it is nice to have some adult only time. We didn't do any paperwork today. It was nice to take a break and breathe. The paperwork can be overwhelming! I know it is necessary, and I feel privileged to do it, but we needed a day of "being".
Ran across your blog from Kristi's (Lucy Lane's mommy!) We are also in the beginning stages of adopting through AGCI to Ethiopia! Who knows...maybe we'll be traveling at the same time!!! Just wanted to pop in and say hey! I put your blog link on mine so I could easily find it to keep up with:)
ReplyDeleteHeidi Sage wears quite a few of my outfits that my mother saved. Love it! I even have one sweater that was my mom's when she was a baby.
ReplyDelete