Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Day of School



  BB was sick on the 1st day of school, so her 1st day was on Friday, 9/11.  After being at home sitting on the couch bored with Mom, she was really ready to go to school! She looks so cute in her little dress with ABCs and 123s.  AB wore the same dress in preschool.  I love when they get to wear the same dresses.  It makes it so special AND cost efficient :)  It's a "keeper" dress. 
 
BB is in Miss Jenny's 4s.  Miss Jenny has been working at our church's preschool for many years.  AB never had her, but we are soooo excited that BB has her this year.  She is one of those SUPER teachers!  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful preschool with gifted teachers.  The classrooms are wonderfully set up in centers.  The kiddos are learning and don't even realize it.
 
I didn't know how BB would actually do when I left her (she can still be quite the mommy's girl - of course, all a show, but of course, I still secretly love it - it will be gone soon enough), but she did great.  She has 11 kiddos in her class, 5 girls and 6 boys.  Several of the girls were in her class last year, and she has grown-up with several of the boys.  It is an awesome class full of sweet kiddos.  I'm just so excited about this year, but I'm a little apprehensive about her going 3 days a week (MWF) this year.  We've always been a 2 day a week family.  They grow up so fast, and before you know it they're off to kindergarten, where they really are gone. Kindergarten is a whole new world!
   
 
AB's 1st day of school was August 13.  She is a big 1st grader. 
 
On the 1st day of school, everyone walks their kiddos to their classrooms.  AB meets up with one of her good friends, Sarah, for the long walk up the hill.  As you can imagine, it is a bit crowded, so we park on a side road and walk.  AB didn't mind the walk until she got to the top and realized that her new TIE shoes had wet grass all over them.  She learned to tie her shoes this summer and her new tie shoes are one of her prized possessions.  We had to get them all clean before she went into the building.
 
AB has Miss M. Smith this year.  We had heard so many wonderful things about Miss M. Smith, and we're so excited that AB got her.  She was so sweet and warm to the kiddos and parents.  Even though there was a line waiting to meet her and just say hi, she took her time with EACH one - totally focusing on the child she was with.  I just loved her from the beginning. 
   
  We got to go inside with AB and find her cubby.  Her classroom was just added to the school, so all of it is new and they have their own bathroom, which is really nice.  I know Miss M. Smith had to do a lot of extra work getting it all ready.  It looked great!  AB finally found her desk at the very end.  She was so excited to have a big desk instead of a little table.  She thought it was so cool that her school supplies were IN her desk.  She has 17 kiddos in her class, 9 girls and 8 boys. 
 
They posted class lists on Tuesday, and the 1st day of school was on Thursday.  AB didn't have anyone from her kindergarten class in her class this year, so she was a little anxious about not knowing anyone.  She did great!!  She is such a great sweet girl.  I know she will have lots of class friends in a couple of weeks if not before.  I reassured her that she would see lots of old friends on the playground.  (It's kinda funny to say old friends to a 6 year old.)  By the end of the "intro" time, AB was done with Mom taking pictures, but I did sneak back in and take one last one of her at her desk.  We are blessed with a wonderful elementary school, and I just know she is going to have a great year!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww.....cute!!! Love the dress. I always get very sentimental when our children grow into their big brothers or sisters clothes.....I just wonder- How did they get that big??? Makes me realize how quickly time flies past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by our blog! I LOVE to share about adoption and the amazing (and unexpected!) ways God has blessed us through the process. I'd be happy to share more about our journey adopting a toddler boy, if you'd like to email me (There's an email link on the left side of our blog toward the bottom . . . www.1blessingafteranother.blogspot.com). -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember that dress...too cute, kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love meeting new people! Thanks for introducing yourself- and would love to be of any help! My email's abskaufman@hotmail.com. Looking forward to following along!!

    ReplyDelete