First Thanksgiving!!
Thanksgiving time is always a busy time for us, but this year was especially busy with 3 kiddos. Despite some injuries and minor sickness, we had an awesome 1st Thanksgiving as a family of 5.
So much to be thankful for!!!
As tradition, we head to visit my family for Thanksgiving day. I was a little anxious to see how "G" would do on his first car ride and with all the new places. He did great!
Our 1st stop was my Mom's (Nanny) house. "G" did great, and we had such a wonderful time. Luckily, the weather cooperated, so we spent a large majority of the time outside playing.
As soon as we hit the door, "B" goes straight for "Whoopie". She is such a great dog. She lets "B" carry her around the ENTIRE time we are inside.
"A" with cousin Rachel - Rachel is one of the sweetest teenagers I know. "A" just adores her.
Outside the kiddos introduce "G" to all-time favorite - tag.
He joins right in, but doesn't quite get the concept of "base".
One of the bonuses of Nanny's house, besides the yard, is the playground right next door.
Everyone shows off their monkey bar skills. "B" hopped right on and went all the way across and back. I had no idea she could do that. I guess I still think of her as my baby.
Not to be outdone by little sis, "A" takes off.
Even "Daddy" has to show the girls that he still has it. (BTW, he is doing a flip.)
"G" keeps shouting "bigger". He wants to go as high as big sis.
Papa Stan and "G" playing peek-a-boo around the tree.
Next, it was to my Granny's house. Again, "G" did great. It was a bit more challenging with so many "fragile" items around, but we managed our 1st visit without breaking anything. Whew!!
"G" is starting to overcome his fear of dogs. About 2 to 3 weeks ago, he announced that he wanted to pet our dog, Symba. (And, Symba is a large hynea looking dog - in a cute way of course.) He just openned the door and went right out and pet her. "S" and I just looked at each other puzzled as to what had changed. I guess he had just made up his mind. I'm constantly amazed at this boy!
Anyways, Max, my aunt's dog, was the toy of choice at my Granny's. He was such a good sport. He let the kiddos chase him around and then carry him around. After a couple of hours, he did finally go behind the couch, so little arms couldn't reach him.
This girl could do this all day everyday.
"B" with Granny. Granny always puts on a good feast!!! Nothing like garden canned grean beans and cornbread dressing - YUM.
Happy 3 Months Home & ER Visit
"G" has been home for exactly 3 months, and to mark the date, we made our 1st trip ever as parents to the ER.
The day after Thanksgiving, we went over to Uncle M and Aunt K's house to celebrate. We all had a great time, until "G" ran into the counter and punctured his forehead. At first, we didn't think he needed stitches, and the phone nurse said that it was right on the border of needing them. So, he continued to play for another hour after his head wound. Yes - this boy is one tough cookie! Once we got home and could really exam it, we were off to the ER.
Yes, this little boy was perfectly happy and content to wait in the ER. We were in and out in under 2 hours. I was thoroughly impressed with the staff. They were great!
(I know he has a Halloween shirt on, but I wanted to put something on him that I didn't care if it got messed up and that he could sleep in - this one met both objectives.)
"G" thoroughly got a kick out of decorating the house for Christmas. I did have to chuckle when he tried to hang his flashlight on the Christmas tree. Here, he is posing in front of his Christmas tree. His tree was a little smaller than his sisters, so to make it "BIG" like his sisters, we put it on a chair. He was satisfied.
As usual, the girls loved decorating their trees.
All of the kiddos think that their Dad is the bestest Dad. They were all amazed that he jumped up onto the playhouse to put up lights.
Happy 12th Anniversary!!!
Finally, Sunday was our 12th Anniversary. I started the day at the local Walgreens health clinic for a sinus infection. But, I wasn't going to let a little sinus infection keep me from going out :) This was the first time that we have had some time alone since we brought home G". He cried when we left, but he quickly got over it. It was important for us to go out if only for a couple of hours. We needed some time just to talk.
I have to say that "S" is my best friend, and that I am so blessed to do life with him!
Beautiful pictures and beautiful reflections on your life. I think of you often and wonder if we're "paralleling" each other! I love seeing G's face BEAM amongst you guys and to think back to our days at the Riviera AND the flight home... amazing.
ReplyDelete