Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Off to 2nd Grade...

 
Today was the 1st day of school, and A was excited.

Finally after many unsuccessful pictures outside, she let me take at least one inside.  It was so humid, my lens kept fogging up outside.  Wow!  She looks so big!  It's hard for me to believe I have a second grader.
    
Here she is sporting her new backpack.  She had to have one that rolled. 

On Tuesday, we found out who A's teacher was going to be.  Actually, this year she will have two.  I have never heard of teachers job sharing, but I love the idea.  I'm all for moms getting the best of both worlds.  And, if the teachers are happy, then hopefully that translates into the classroom.  More importantly, A thought it was too cool that she had two teachers.  She was loving it.
 

A with Mrs. Hatmaker and Mrs. Millar

We're off to a good start!!!  I'm so proud of my 2nd grader!!
  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! She looks so adorable! By the way, you guys start school EARLY!! I like the idea of the shared teaching job--never heard of that either. And, oh my gosh, YOU ARE GOING TO BRING YOUR SON HOME SOOOOON!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just precious! We are starting 2nd grade and kindergarten here this week too!! Can't wait to hear about your trip...waiting for all the AMAZING details!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete