Well, I don't even know where to start...here is a little nutshell...
I know it will take me some time to process all that I have experienced
so far in Ethiopia,
and we don't leave for home until Thursday late night. It is a land of
contrasts. In the country, it was flat and lush and very green with
mountains all around. It was simply beautiful. In the city, there are
people EVERWHERE walking and the traffic and exhaust is like nothing I
have ever experienced. And, with all the traffic, there are NO traffic lights . (well,
we saw one.) It is CHAOS. But the really crazy thing is that I haven't
seen anyone get angry at the traffic.
The poverty is staggering. I am finding it very HARD to process!!! I
find that I am on the verge of tears when I start to take it in. Life
here is very HARD. And, that is even for the educated. I can't even
put it into words at this point.
The people are beyond gracious. Everyone we have come into contact with
has been so gracious. (Of course, we obviously cannot understand most
of what is being said.)
G is doing great about 80% of the time. He is all smiles and laughs and
wants to be held , which is a blessing. The other 20% of the time is
HARD. His world has totally been turned upside down, and he is scared
and confused. It's going to take some TIME to build up a level of
trust. This is all normal, but it doesn't make it any easier. The LORD
is my strength.
We had our Embassy appt on Monday, and we passed. So, everything on the
legal paperwork front is good.
Tonight we go to the cultural dinner, which should be fun. It will just
be nice to get out. We've pretty much been at our hotel since we got
G. I can't wait to get home and have a little room to move. Of course,
it will be easier for me, but probably harder for G. I pray for his
peace and healing.
I MISS my girls!
Even though this is harder than I ever imagined, I count it a blessing
that God choose us to be G's parents and to walk this path. He is our
blessing.
Hugs from ET
V
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh, can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night...hurry up and get home , kj
ReplyDeleteOOOHhhhhh......PRAYING so much for you all. Can't WAIT to hear more, but mostly just know that we absolutely LOVED meeting you, and are just covering your whole family in prayer. Especially for that 20% of the time :) Let us know if you need any specific prayers....we would love to help support you in any way needed :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome home! Cris told me she was meeting you yesterday! Love the pictures of meeting "G". Trusting God to give you the rest, strength, patience and wisdom as you process this whole experience. Blessings, Bev Hotchkiss (Cris' mom)
ReplyDeleteHey Vanessa. Can't wait to hear more about your trip and time home. Email/call if you get a few minutes....praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Shannon
Dear Bonner Family,
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for sooooo long and this just has tears running down my face. He is soooo handsome and wow ...how awesome how he took to you. I'm sooo happy for you all and please keep all the wonderful post and pics coming. God Bless and Welcome Home!!!
Karen, WI
Adoting 2 kids from ET. NOV 26th court date...yay!!! www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Hey it's Ali from the airport! Send me your email! I would love to get in touch! I hope things are going well!!!
ReplyDelete