Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Friday, August 20, 2010

ET - Day 1

 
We made it to Ethiopia!!  We have alot to share, but we will wait till we get back.  Until then, we will give you the highlights of the day.
 
Our first - BEST - hightlight is that we got to meet "G".  This was a surprise as we weren't scheduled to meet him until Sunday.  He did better than our wildest imagination.  He ran right to us and jumped into my arms and said Mamma.  WOW!  It was truly amazing.  Here is a photo of our first meeting.




We spent a few hours there, and then came back to the hotel for lunch,  After lunch, we rented a cab with the LeFebers, another AGCI family, and went to Entoto Mountain.  
We've had a great first day!  God is good!
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Vanessa!! As soon as I saw your picture I felt the tears....can't wait to hear more. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'm CRYING here! i'm SO happy you got to go and get him before Sunday! and NOTHING can compare to him running up to his mamma. the look on his face is priceless! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just LOVE the pictures!!! I am so excited for you! I love that he said Mama. Can't wait to hear more.
    Love and hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness...this made me cry! So glad y'all made it safe. Love G's reaction. He looks like a perfect fit for the Bonner family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayyyyyyyyyyy..so is he with yall now?? oh, so exciting...I cried when i saw the pics..love them..soooo sweet, get home fast, kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOOOOOOOOT! TEARS! I am SOOOOO HAPPY to see this! And I'm so happy blogging is working for you! THIS MADE MY DAY! Congratulations MOMMA! And SO happy for G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow - what a beautiful moment! That brings tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing to see! Amen to finally being reunited. Now to see all of you together at home. THEN we can all breathe a sigh of relief that this part of the journey is DONE! Enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the tears!! What a beautiful picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears of Joy! We are so thankful for what God has done. We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he the cutest or what? We have been thinking and praying for you. It is soo awesome to hear that he ran right up to you! How amazing is our God? Tears in my eyes....of sheer happiness. SO GLAD we were able to meet you, and now you are experiencing God's miracles in Ethiopia a few days later. PRAISING GOD!!! Continuing prayers....can't wait to see and hear more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the struggles.......so hard to endure....seeing his face.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! Heard about your good news on the AGCI listserv! So happy for ya'll! Congratulations!! He is just so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you! Love the pictures! Praying for a safe, easy trip home to re-unite with your sweet girls and to have your whole family together! Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, sweetie I' so happy for you and your whole family, I'm so happy for you guys. Sis, I couldn't help but drop few tears when seen the piture momma, I knew God made suh a special person when you was only a child, again so PROUD of you and "S". I be waiting to meet my nephew @ the airport..plz excuse me if I cry when I see you all together...God, blessed you with little "G" got get him home to his two wonderful sister.You all are always in my prayers. Have safe trip home see you at the airport and, plz excuse me if I drop a few tears of happiness when I see you all...I love you guys ..Aunt G

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sis when I seen the pic, i did drop a few tears of happiness. you've always been special since you was a child..you have grown up to a beautiful woman and mother. You and Scott are awesome parents..I know lil "G" will make the Bonner family so happy...see you @ the airport, I love you Aunt "G"

    ReplyDelete
  16. FINALLY!!! I am soooo happy for you! Love the photos - he is such a happy little cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete