The bed is made, clothes are hung, books are on the shelf, toys are ready to be played with...all we need is little man :)
First, we had to disassemble the guest room.
We had turned the guest room closet into a workspace for me just a couple of years ago. Now it was time to turn in back into a regular closet. I've got little blue shirts to hang :)
BB helping...well, maybe supervising daddy with the patchwork.
closet transformation continues...
Little man's going to need a bookshelf. SB starts making one just for him. By the way, he LOVED doing this, and it turned out FABULOUS!
Hmmm...what to do with this room? I get out all of the girls' nursery stuff hoping that something might work.
The painting begins. BB helping out. Closet painting is just perfect for a 4 year old.
Finished!!!
I searched for the perfect quilt. Since I don't know what little man's personality is, I didn't want to get him something specific like sports, trucks, etc. Also, I wanted to last for more than a couple of years. This quilt is just perfect! I love the colors! It is so happy and bright. AND, it happened to perfectly match with the girls' nursery decor. With AB we didn't find out her gender, so we went with a neutral nursery - African animals, and then when BB came along, we used the same. How perfect is that? All of my kiddos will have had the African animals.
I love that he will have a queen bed. It will be perfect for co-sleeping. The glider will be perfect for some reading and quality bonding. Both of the girls had this glider in their room too.
In an effort to save money, I painted the pictures on top of the bookshelf. For the other pictures by the bed, I just cut out some of the animals from the extra curtain and just appliqued them onto some fabric and put it in some frames I had.
SB's bookshelf rocks!! It is just perfect, and it is solid - just in case it gets climbed on :)
Closet is back to normal. I think that was one of the hardest parts.
Grandma B (aka Gobbie) painted the African animal picture for AB's nursery. I love that little man will have it in his room. The green bins are for donations for little man's orphanage.
Hopefully, next Friday little man will legally be our son, and we can focus on filling up those bins to take to the children waiting....waiting for a room...waiting for someone to long for them...
oh his room is just precious...can't wait til he is in that cozy bed snugglin' with his momma
ReplyDeleteIt looks perfect! I can't wait for him to see it in person. Very soon!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe are just finishing up Elijah's room. I will have to share it soon.
Blessings,
Amy
oh it's just WONDERFUL!!!! great job, guys! i can't wait to see your little guy in it!
ReplyDeleteIt is sooo cute. It is funny though, we used the same quilt for our new "Little Man" and his big btother :-) We will be praying for that court date!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks fabulous! I love it! I am praying for you. Your attitude is amazing. I know it seems so unfair that your wait is so very long. It will be worth it, though! We have learned and grown so much these past 3 weeks of being with our boys. It is a blessed experience - even though one of the most challenging of our lives! I can't wait to see you with your son!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great. What a perfect place to call home. And I love the big bed...a great place to co-sleep.
ReplyDeletePraying and thinking of you a lot.
Oh wow!! His room is awesome and you are so creative! Love the progression pics--- he is going to feel like he is in heaven!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks beautiful! He'll be in that bed before you know it!
ReplyDeleteThis room is lovely! I am so happy for you all. We will continue to pray as your court date approaches!
ReplyDelete