Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Saddened...

 
Well, our case manager called us today stating that we have been rescheduled again for May 19th.  The paperwork needed on the 4th was still not there.  It's frustrating and sad!  Just another reminder that I have no control over the situation.  I can't drive somewhere and get the needed documentation.  I can't make a call to "fix it".  I really can't even get mad.  There are around 5 million orphans in Ethiopia.  I can only imagine what it looks like to be at ground zero.  Our little man is at a wonderful transition home getting good care.  I'm sure our case seems pretty low on the priority list when comparing our situation to that of some of the million other children who don't have anyone advocating for them.
 
Now with that said, I'm beyond ready to get my kiddo and bring him home.  I know he is okay, but there is no substitute for a loving family!  I'm ready to tuck him in and give him a good-night kiss!
  
...only 2 more weeks...I have peace knowing that God started us on this path...the news isn't what we wanted, but He is still with us....

12 comments:

  1. oh...praying for the 19th...so sad about it..but trusting the Lord knows what's going on here :) kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...so sorry to hear this. I know how badly you wish he were home! Praying that God will make your little guy feel all tucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man. i'm so sorry. i cannot imagine how excruciating the wait is at this point! praying for you and your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry. We will continue to pray for Sam. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry! We are praying for you and your little man. I know this must be so hard ... I can't even imagine. All I can do is tell you I care and pray pray pray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry. That is really hard. Praying for you guys today.
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear this, Vanessa. I know it is hard beyond words. Two weeks isn't very long - unless you are waiting for a rescheduled court date. Praying that you are able to trust and wait and experience God's peace right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. Ugh, praying it gets there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are still praying for you guys! I can't wait to come on your blog and hear that YOU PASSED...it is coming SOON!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete