Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Balls, Bats, Trucks...Oh My

 
A couple of weeks ago, my great friend, KJ (also known as Lucy Lane's mama and the hostess with the mostess) threw me an adoption shower.  I had such a great time just celebrating with everyone.  Talk about feeling loved and supported!!!  It was a great time with some supportive women in my life.  I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and live in a community that embraces adoption.  At one point, I think I counted 15 folks who have or are in the process of adopting.  It was so amazing and very humbling!!  Little man will have a commuity of people to love and nuture him.
 
AB came with me to help celebrate little brother.  Of course, once we hit the door, she was off with the "girls".  I love that she has her own group of friends that have been blessed by adoption.
  
 
Me, KJ and the beautiful LL - everyone needs a friends like KJ.  She always makes everyone feel welcomed, and she is such an inspiration.  We are using the same agencies as KJ.  It has been wonderful having her as a resource :)

YUMMY!!!

 
Little man should be set for toys and clothes.  These women went above and beyond.  I was totally blown away.  I openned everything there, and then put it right back in the bag.  When I got it home, we all openned it all again.  It was cute hearing the girls ooaa and ahhhh at the gifts.  They even got a few gifts of their own - very thoughtful. 
  
My great friend, Tara, got little man this.  I LOVE IT!!!  I plan on taking this to Ethiopia with me.  I can't wait to fill it up with snacks and toys for the 20+ hour plane ride home with little man :)

Amy, Aunt A & Amanda

Me and Tracy - she recently adopted a sibling group of 4.  She has a quiet strength about her.

Betsy and Stepanie

Mom B (also known as Gobbie to little man)

Wendy (adopting from the Phillipines), Aunt K, Mom B, Aunt A & Sarah (adopting from Ethiopia)

Amanda, Keeley, Nicole & SueAnn

Rachel & Amy (both adopting from Ethiopia using AGCI too.  They are both in the single digits.  It won't be long before they see their babies face.  I can't wait to go to their adoption showers.)

Me, Cris with Little Man (one of 2 brothers just home from Ethiopia to their forever family), Eve (adopting from Ethiopia) & Hannah

Thank you to all those who took time out of their busy schedules to shower us with love and support!!
 


4 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to attend Little G's shower, but I am really looking forward to your welcome home party at the airport :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...so fun!! loved hosting it..such an honor!! Praying for Monday night...kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing, this group of you all that stands together to support one another. I just love to hear all these stories. :-) I told someone at an adoption fundraiser tonight that I wish I could come just to watch and meet everyone. You are all heroes to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete