Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, “Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?” God said, “I did do something. I made you.” ~Author Unknown

Friday, August 28, 2009

To Blog or Not To Blog

Since we announced that we were starting the adoption process, we have had several people ask if we were going to set up a blog.  Seems like a simple enough question.  I have gone back and forth for weeks.  What would I write about?  Would anyone read it?  How does it work? There are crazy people out there.  Is it safe for my family?  What if I offend someone?   I mean once you put it out there - it is out there forever.

When the internet started gaining popularity, my grandmother said it was evil.  In many ways, she was and is right.  Of course, it is the people behind the keyboard that do evil not the internet itself.  I have found the internet, especially the blogs to be one of our most valuable tools when we started contemplating adoption.  It opened our eyes to another world, the plight of the children in Africa, and inspired us to action.  God worked through them to help us discern his calling for our family.

So, the answer is yes - we will blog.  Our prayer is that God will use our blog to inspire someone else to action.  Not for our glory but for His!  And, that one day our son will be able to look back and see how much we loved and wanted him even before we knew him.

We are an ordinary family full of shortcomings trying to fullfill what God has called us to do.  Please pray for us on our journey as we stumble to Ethiopia for our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment